21 Apr 2023
Position Paper on Universal PFAS Restriction Proposal
To achieve a practical, enforceable and workable Universal PFAS restriction, these key elements need to be addressed:
- Ensure all PFAS uses are known to avoid supply chain disruptions and unintentional elimination of key applications;
- Prevent a ban on the use of critical PFAS-containing pieces of equipment in industrial plants;
- When assessing PFAS, keep in mind that they differ from one another;
- Consider the importance of PFAS in achieving EU policy objectives;
- Address economic impacts of the proposal along the entire value chain; and
- Robustly review the enforceability of the proposal.
Read our position paper below for the details or our 6-point plan for the summarised version.